YA Retreat: Brave III
Time & Location
About The Event
We're excited to have our first young adult retreat since Covid. We're returning for our third installment of Brave at Camp Turner in Allegany State Park. Of couse it'll be beautiful out there in October. Here are the details you'll need to know to register and expect.
- You can register your spot here on the website and your payment secures your spot. You can drop off your payment to the Youth Ministry Office in the Ministry Center. If we're not around you can slide it through the window. You can of couse bring it to any of the Young Adult nights too.
- The cost of retreat is $100 per person and you can save $10 with the Evangelist Discount, if you register someone who hasn't been on retreat with us. Cost includes meals, content, overnight accomodations in the cabins, retreat swag, and more for the whole weekend! Try getting that bundle at a hotel!
- There are two forms that you'll need before you come on retreat; 1. Voluntary Liability Control Release 2. Photo Release. I'll be sending them via the Amped email list or you can pick them up at the office/ Young Adult events.
- If you register by October 7, you get a cool shirt!
What to expect
- We're not a fan of expectations around here. So if you've ever been on retreat with us or if this is your first time, don't come with an agenda or expectation in mind. Come with an open mind and heart to where the Holy Spirit leads.
- You'll be staying two nights at the camp. Dress appropriately for the weather. Layers are good. If it's nice we'll have a session outside. You'll want shoes or boots that can get dirty as there is grass and dirt paths.
- There are basic beds without bedding. I'd recommend a pillow and sleeping bag. The cabins are winterized, so they'll be warm.
- Bring your own toiletries and wash gear (toothbrush, tooth paste, deoderant, towel, etc). If you're a mountain man/woman, you might be able to get away without, but your fellow campers might hate you.
- Bring a bible, journal, rosary, and/or sacramentals. We'll have time for you to ponder and pray, you may find these helpful during these opportunities.
- Don't bring drugs, alchohol, or weapons.